Monday, May 04, 2009

Bachelor life..sort of

Since the Mrs has been out of town, I've had no motivation to cook for myself. I've been eating pizza for the past two days and oddly enough I am not tired of it yet. Good thing the NBA playoffs are on to help me burn off the calories. Maybe I'll try El Pollo Loco on Wed, have Nick's Burger on Thurs, and order Thai food on Friday. Of course it could all change depending on my mood that day but man, I just don't feel like cooking anything!

I picked up the X-men Blu Rays for at Best Buy and each movie comes with a movie cash ticket. I plan to see Wolverine anyway when Viks comes back so it brings the effective price of each Blu Ray to ~$8 each. I think $9.99 is my new target price for catalog Blu Rays. The picture quality on the X-men movies are great! But what impressed me even more is the DTS HD MA tracks. Having watched the SD versions two weekends ago (I was trying to convince myself the Blu Ray upgrade was unnecessary), I can honestly say the upgrade in sound quality is substantial and has made the purchase all the more sweeter. Ok, so this is going to sound NERDY but at the end of X2, I kind of wonder if the film's ending was inspired by Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. If you're a fan of both you'll know what I mean. The ending of Khan is one of my all time favorite movie endings.

I have a whole list of "to do's" for the house before we move. I've applied touch up paint to the walls and have changed few energy saving bulbs (so expensive). Our backyard gate needs some work. But since the house is still relatively new, I guess there isn't that much work to do. But you'd be surprised by just how much time is required to complete little things here and there. Packing is a pain but I've been slowly putting non essential things in boxes to get ready for the move. Apparently when you move long distances, the rate is by weight and not hours. So I've been using our bathroom weight scale and documenting the weight of each box to kind of help guess what our bill is going to be like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home