Friday, March 20, 2009

Seagate redeems themselves

Back in Jan, my Seagate 7200.11 500gb bricked . Seagate had really fumbled in their initial handling of the issue and so I intentionally waited until the dust had settled before deciding on my options. So after sorting through all the noise, the rants, etc. I came across this great thread on the "data recovery" process.

Long story short, I received my drive yesterday from i365 and it works great! All my data appears to be there too. The turnaround was pretty fast. Sent it in Monday evening, i365 performed the recovery Tue, and I received the drive back yesterday.

I had already moved on to a WD 1TB Black Caviar so I guess I will relegate the Seagate as a backup drive.

2 Comments:

Blogger kkwansj said...

If you don't mind me asking, who much did the data recover cost?

1:08 PM, March 31, 2009  
Blogger baconandeggs said...

There was no charge since my SN# was part of the known affected SN# pool. You can check your SN# in the SN# checker linked off the thread.

1:18 PM, March 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home