Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On my mind

  1. Job is secure - for now *gulp*.
  2. Current home - Should we hire a property manager or ask a friend who has experience to help us? Mixing friendship and business is always tricky but I (naively?) think it can be done.
  3. Future BA home - Less expensive bay area home + private schooling vs More expensive bay area home + better public schooling? Strictly from a $ point of view, I know the number of kids greatly influences the ROI. If I draw from my own public schooling experiences, I would have never thought that I would even consider private schooling but with the looming budget cuts I am wondering if even schools that are historically above average to excellent will still be that way 5 to 10 years from now. I really don't want us to have to move every 5 years.
  4. Just about done with 2008 taxes. Thank you Turbo Tax!
  5. Not looking forward to all the cleaning and packing in the upcoming months.
  6. 401K & investing - from all accounts, this year looks to be just as scary as last quarter. Should we reallocate more to cash? Or go long on oversold blue chips? Tough call.
  7. Street Figher IV is out tomorrow. Hadouken!! The X-arcade stick has a few quirks with the PS3 but for single player action, I am good to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home