Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Switched our home insurance

You know how you get tons of junk mail and before you even bother opening it, you instinctively just toss it into the recycling bin? It's that time of year for us to renew our home insurance policy and much to my dismay, our rates have steadily increased over the years. This week I got an offer mail from Western Mutual home insurance and I almost tossed it out. Glad I didn't. They seem to have have decent ratings (and a few bad ones) and good feedback from A. M. Best Company and the Better Business Bureau . At the worst case, Western Mutual has much better ratings than our old insurance company. Long story short, I felt comfortable and made the switch to Western Mutual today. With even more coverage, our home insurance dropped by more than 50% from our old insurance company. I had no idea we were overpaying that much.

The one caveat is that they don't cover "rentals only." They require coverage of a primary residence as a pre-requisite to covering rental properties. So I am working out a solution for that right now.

But man, once in a blue moon, you actually can get some useful junk mail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home