Sunday, December 07, 2008

Calibrating the Dell 2408WFP

I finally got around to calibrating the Dell this weekend. Out of the box, colors were way oversaturated to the point of having a neon glow. The different preset settings are pretty horrible to say the least. It wasn't distracting while playing games but doing everyday tasks like web browsing would torch my eyes. I used my Eye One and the Eye One Match Ver 3.6.2 and after going through the calibration against 6500K & gamma: 2.2 the settings I arrived at,

Contrast: 62
Brightness: 81*
Red: 72
Green: 66
Blue: 72

* There seems to be no way to measure Brightness with the Eye One Match Ver 3.6.2 even though the walkthough video shows this adjustment. I wonder if they got rid of this in 3.6.2? So my brightness setting was set to my own personal preference.

After going through this exercise, the colors are more natural looking. In fact I am blogging this post on my Lenovo laptop and the "white" background on the Lenovo is definitely not so white compared to the Dell now - more like blue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home