Friday, September 07, 2007

World's healthiest foods

The sister-in-law fwd'ed this to Viks and of course Viks fwd'ed to me.

Let's see...man, talk about slim pickin's in terms of what I actually care to eat from this list but l do eat the following:

  • Asparagus - I like it but we don't eat this often..too much prep time
  • Broccoli - we eat this a lot .. costco pre-cut .. very convenient and easy to prepare
  • Garlic - uh, do Garlic fries count?
  • Mushrooms - usually as a topping ..on pizza hehe
  • Olives - ditto as previous and as part of my sandwich
  • Potato - been cutting down on the fried version and eating plain baked with trans fat free spread. But fries are still a weakness for me
  • Spinach - did eat this a lot from costco pre-prepared but the recalls have made it scarce this year
  • Cod - love it
  • Halibut - pretty good
  • Salmon - pretty good..we try to get the wild and not farmed
  • Apples - I eat a red delicious almost every day
  • Bananas - good but I don't get them too often
  • Canteloupe - good but I don't get them too often
  • Grapes - good but I don't get them too often ..sometimes too sour for me
  • Pears - good but I don't get them too often
  • Strawberries - good but I don't get them too often
  • Watermelon - popular during summer
  • Eggs - good but I don't get them too often, i try to get egg beaters
  • Milk - 1 cup daily non fat with Honey Bunches O' Oats, Cheerios but eating Fruit Loops this week
  • Tofu - love it.
  • more chicken than red meat for sure. Usually red meat comes in the form of a hamburger when I need my red meat fix. I don't even remember the last time I had steak!
  • Peanuts - from Southwest of course!

2 Comments:

Blogger Selina said...

I have some suggestions!

Asparagus - My favorite way is to roast them for 15 minutes at 400 degrees in the oven. Just drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper, and stick it in the oven. It's super good! The cheapest I found is at TJ's. It's really easy to prepare too. What you do is just snap off the end - it will naturally break where the rough part is.

Garlic - use it to marinate any white fish with lemon juice...or sautee with veggies

Mushrooms - Sautee with spinach and garlic

Olives - I put these in my marinara sauce for pasta (kalamata)

Potato - You can roast these at 400 degrees for 25 min with olive oil, salt, pepper, chopped garlic, and rosemary or thyme. Super good and crunchy

Spinach - Sautee with garlic and mushrooms :P

5:48 PM, September 07, 2007  
Blogger baconandeggs said...

We'll have to try out those above recipes some time.

10:58 AM, September 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home