Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dealnews.com!

Ever since Dealnews.com posted pictures next to their deals, I've gone to their site first. Before I use to hit up Bensbargains first. I really like the way Dealnews groups their deals by category vs Ben's which is all over the place but was previously my deal site of choice because I knew of no other deal site at the time that had photos where you could quickly scan through the deals without reading text. I think each site still has "exclusive" deals that don't show up on each other's sites so I still check both.

This morning I saw a familiar deal on Dealnews in the Storage section. 500gb Seagate External drive for $120. I had snatched two of these bad boys at Circuit City over Labor Day weekend for $129 each. 1TB total of external storage goodness. Mmmmmmmm...Yuuuuuummmmy. Viks and her dept recently did an alumni fundraiser. The way I understand it is that the residents this year get a $250 stipend for storage devices so that they can begin recording their surgical procedures. With the original sale price of $129 + tax, it ended up costing just a hair over $280. I could have purchased a 320gb version for $110 to but it my head I was thinking "Man, a whopping 180gb extra for just $19 more" and then I thought to myself that it would be better to supersize it and just eat the net out of pocket cost of $30. Thanks to Dealnews I was able to pricematch and get $20 back this evening for the two 500gb drives. So the net out of pocket will be $10! Not bad!

Addendum: alternatively the 750gb external was ~$224 - but it's not 1TB! and what I perceive to be a small cost of convenience, two 500gb drives is safer to me than one 750gb drive. Why put all your precious eggs in one basket like that? No way man...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home