Monday, August 13, 2007

Getting the itch(es)

When HD DVD offered 20 movies that I actually wanted to own (mostly HD DVD exclusive) I caved in. Feeling like a spoiled child, there are now 11 Blu Ray movies on my want-to-own list so not quite there yet. Looking at the release calender I shouldn't have to worry about it for the remainder of this year unless there is a spike in announcements. I'm really waiting to see if the PS3 60gb will still be around by year end or 2008 at an attractive price and can support profile 1.1 and 2.0. If not, then fuggetaboutit..no deal.

Since I am in a spoiled mood (man, I'm sick - I deserve to think about things that will make me feel better!) I've been also thinking about building my next computer. One of my buddies just built this. It's a really nice set up, very quiet ( a must for my next rig), and plays the latest DX9 games at a blissful framerate. What is holding me back is a) convincing the Mrs. that I really really really need this new PC and b) I want to wait for the hardware reviews for DX10 games like Crysis and Call of Duty 4. What's all the fuss with Crysis? Check out the video demos . For the first time in a long long time, I feel like PC gaming is about to take a huge leap in graphics, immersion, and ..we'll see about gameplay. Hopefully the games live up to the hype.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home