Sunday, July 08, 2007

Get a fixer upper

Eric, Ivy, Viks and I met up at Jim & SMC's new house. ..very "quaint and charming." I remember Jim saying how those charactistics were important to him so their house seems to be a very good fit . I am still amazed by just how many houses around theirs that are either remodeled or in the process of being remodeled. It's the reoccuring theme in the BA these days -> once you buy your home it's time to fix it up. In addition to "When are you having kids?" many conversations these days center around remodeling or home improvement. Viks and I are really well adjusted to what have today and at the risk of sounding like a snob, quite honestly it would be a little hard for us to live in a smaller house. I haven't exactly been shy about my opinions on BA housing prices but I have come to terms with the realities. Even though we are not yet guaranteed to be able to come back to the BA in a few years, we are taking a hard look at remodeling vs buying "move-in ready." So far it seems if you can deal with the time and hassle, remodeling is the way to go to get the customized home that you really want at a relatively less outrageous price and also save on property tax.

Later Diana joined us at Santana Row and she made the awesome suggestion to eat at The Counter. Great gourmet burger place! It made me think of Barney's near Berkeley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home