Saturday, July 07, 2007

Perfect (geek) Day part 1 - Speaker auditioning

It really was. In the afternoon, Mike, Eric, Ivy and I spent 3.5 hours at Magnolia Hi Fi listening to the Mythos line of speakers from Definitive Technology. Even though I was not the one buying anything I had a great time just listening to the different speaker set ups. Mike brought in some nice demo discs featuring carefully selected movie clips that highlighted different sonic characteristics (soundstage, dyanamics, dialog, LFE, etc). As we demoed more and more material I was pretty amazed by how well the Mythos performed for their size. I think the Magnolia demo room was poorly set up (ie one of the center channels was mounted way too high) and didn't showcase the full potential of the speakers. I am pretty sure they will sound better at home. It also nice that Mike and Eric were able to negotiate a better deal since they bought together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home