Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Good news and the Bad news

The good news is that I've dropped 8lbs to my pre-wedding weight with diet, exercise and tracking my calorie intake in Excel. Suh-weeeeeeeet!

The bad news is that I recently had a blood test and while my total cholesterol is well under 200, my HDL lowered, my LDL jumped up a lot as well as my triglyceride level. So even though I am eating around average of 1600 calories daily, percentage-wise I may be eating too much starches (pasta, bread, potatoes) and I am a fiend for Captain Crunch Crunch berries cereal. If with all my efforts, I had to give up what I eat now, I'd be in a real rut.

I started eating bean thread noodles (fun see) last night and it's very satisfying but I don't see myself putting marinara sauce on it anytime soon. I think I'm going to bring my spreadsheet to the doctor next time and see what he thinks at that point. For now I am making changes but I really don't want to be on an Atkins lifestyle or eat legumes (hell, I don't even know what legumes are).

Edit 2/27: Blymie! I compared the nutrition labels between the mungbean nooodles and spaghetti. It turns out that a 2oz serving of each both contain 210 calories. However, the 20z serving of spaghetti has 44g of carbs while the mungbean actually has 52g of carbs! How ironic!

2 Comments:

Blogger Selina said...

legumes are beans & nuts...soy, black, pinto, white, red, etc. maybe try to make your own chili with ground turkey and red kidney beans and other veggies, which is still quite healthy.

9:13 AM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger baconandeggs said...

ah, I guess I can live with that.

10:20 AM, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home