Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My favorite television show

House MD is arguably one of the more satisfying and compelling dramas that I have watched in a long, long time (medical or not).

Hugh Laurie is a gifted actor. I never knew he was a Brit until I saw him host an episode of SNL. I love the cynical wit, the sarcasm, and the emotionally damaged-yet-truly-vulnerable-underneath-the-rough-exterior of his character Dr. House. A true misanthrope and yet you cannot help but be sympathetic. The supporting ensemble cast is also terrific and never in the shadow of Hugh Laurie's character. Each episode's plot as well as the medical mysteries are superbly crafted that allow each character to develop in a very subtle and organic manner.

It probably is not fair to compare to Grey's Anatomy but I will do it anyway. I certainly like Grey's Anatomy. It's a good drama and certainly has it's moments but when you juxtapose GA with House MD, the depth and quality of the writing in House MD becomes more obvious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home