Friday, January 19, 2007

Transition

Started my new job this past week. I'm now managing two of our "strategic partners." We have a vendor manager who is more responsible for the supply chain side and I handle more of the technical side. The job is great cause I have broader responsibilities, is more visible, and I get the opportunity to interface with more people at multiple levels. This definitely makes up for the rejection of the previous program manager position that I applied for a while back. I have to be honest and say this new role is definitely outside my comfort zone since a lot of PR and the typical diplomacy, influencing skills, blah blah blah are required. But I'd like to think that I've picked up a few good habits from my current manager, my previous managers, as well as observing how people conduct themselves from the many many meetings I've participated in. I still get a lot of coaching from my previous boss which i am very grateful for.

This past week I was pulling 3 straight 16 hr days trying to get up to speed as well as taking care of old business. Not that I am asking for a hug or sympathy. On the contrary to what some people think (the jokes about me not really working), even I have spurts where I put in really long days and weekends. But I do make it a priority to keep my hours reasonable such that my work/life balance does not get out of whack.

1 Comments:

Blogger lizze said...

Hey good luck with your new job :)

11:11 PM, January 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home