Monday, November 05, 2007

got my 5 free HD DVDs!

It was slim pickin's in terms of movies I actually wanted but I ended up with,

1) Seabiscuit - Good movie and fantastic picture quality
2) Casablanca - One of the great classics. Black & White never looked this good.
3) Lara Craft: Tomb Raider - Awful movie and mediocre video quality. Not the demo disc you want to use to impress your family/friends / sell them on the benefits of HD.
4) U2 Rattle & Hum - Great sound but awful video quality is nothing to write home about. Again, not the best demo disc you want to use to impress your family/friends.
5) We Were Soldiers - Good movie and above average PQ and very immersive soundtrack

When they say allow up to 8-10 weeks, they really mean it! There have been a number of complaints on AVS about the condition of the HD DVD cases being damaged upon receipt. It happened to me as well on two of my disc cases. It could be the way the distributor, Archway, is handling the discs. The discs themselves are OK and it took so long for the discs to arrive I just didn't want to bother going through the hassle of trying to get an exchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home