Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Secret BOGO sale at Circuit City

I love the AVS forum. It has saved me a good chunk of change. There have been a lot of HD media BOGO sales since this past weekend (Frys, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.).

At CC, the BOGO deal was not advertised at all. Even the cashier was completely surprised. I don't know how the AVS folks found this out and on another thread but I sure am glad they did. Some folks didn't fare so well and got denied the offer but most seem to have been successful so it could be a system error. Dunno. Whatever. I was fortunate to pick up Transformers HD DVD and The Hulk HD DVD together for the price for less than $30! I then went back and picked up Knocked up HD DVD, Syriana HD DVD, Lord of War BR, Troy DC BR, POTC DMC BR, Stranger than Fiction BR and they were all BOGO :-)

So I know all this is petty. Getting all giddy over DVDs but who isn't happy to land on a deal? If you are a movie collector like me, then you already know that HD DVD and BR discs are expensive ($20-30 online, +$5 @ B&M) at this stage of the product lifecycle. As much as I love my hobby, it's tough for me to justify paying full price and so I often wait for a good sale. I did make an exception with 300 HD DVD because well, it's 300.

Oh and I now have to correct what I said earlier about "Forget CC.. They charge full MSRP." Forget about them most of the time. But not when there is a huge sale like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home