Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ellie and Ben's visit

Next door to Nubi Yogurt - an outdoor seating area for a restaurant still being built. I was trying to see if the natural lighting would work better than the flash.


Eating at Maki Yaki

Ellie and Ben recently came back from Korea and we met up for dinner last night. The pictures above, are from our new P&S camera - the Canon SD870IS with all settings in auto mode. Our older Canon S400 died. It's been on it's last leg for some time now - a lot of memory card errors. I tried different memory cards, re-seating the memory cards, and changing the batteries . Each of these seemed to work for a little while but after the last weekend, I couldn't get the errors to go away. I even tried taking the camera apart to see if I could verify the "internal bios battery" but I think I made the problem worse as the the camera would not turn on properly anymore. I kind of gave up at that point and decided to just get a new camera.

There are so many new features on the current gen of cameras compared to our old S400 but the wide angle feature of SD870IS was what won me over. I'm hoping to get more comfortable with the all manual settings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home