Sunday, July 20, 2008

Your auto mechanic is ripping you off

My sister posted on her blog about her friend's startup that recently launched RepairPal. Very cool site and very useful information. Just this morning I went to get an oil change and tire rotation. I was bracing myself for some unexpected needed maintenance/ repairs since I have never , EVER received an oil change without being "recommended" some additional work. Today I was told my auto transmission fluid was discolored as well as my power steering fluid. Cost? $149 for ATF and $122 for p/s flush. In my mind I was thinking "wow" and this is not even the dealership. I then went to RepairPal and for my car model, year and location the cost range is $64 - $78 and listed three choices. These choices are independent shops and are not open today so I'll have to double check the pricing but if the range is true, that is some big savings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Auto repair reviews said...

My car suffers the problem of rusting on bonnet and on doors. I have bee in a search of some good painter that can provide services of sanding and painting.Can you suggest me something.

11:26 PM, September 25, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home