Thursday, April 10, 2008

X-Arcade Tankstick - as advertised

Got my replacement Tankstick on Monday. It's been working well without a hitch. I'm using two TV dinner stands as a makeshift table for the Tankstick. The Tankstick overall is pretty heavy duty and it doesn't shift or move while you're playing which is a good thing. Way back in the day I had an older but much lighter weight "fighting stick" for my Super NES that would often shift around during button mashing. Iit just didn't work out very well. Viks was playing a game with me on Tues night and because the TV dinner stands are not that sturdy there was some rocking but it was really not that big of a deal. While playing with Viks, I was glad I opted for the Tankstick over the standard two player version since the trackball adds some nice spacing between two players.

The button configuration maps to the Dreamcast perfectly and looking at the PS3 buttons, it should map perfectly for Street Fighter as well. The feel of the joystick and the buttons really are of arcade quality. I cannot complain! I'm having a blast playing Marvel vs Capcom 2 now. Amazing what a difference a joystick can make. It almost feels like I have a new game system.

One of these days, I'll check out some MAMEs. I know there is a ton of good stuff out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home