Monday, April 07, 2008

Dawn of War - Soulstorm multiplayer

Josh, Danny, Nick and myself finally played our first multiplayer game together online. We played co-op vs 4 CPUs. We did well on the smaller maps but we struggled on the bigger maps where the enemy CPU had access to a lot of strategic points and could tech up fast and eventually overwhelmed us. Part of our struggles also had to with our inexperience with the new Sisters of Battle race as well as the fact that we all were playing the Sisters of Battle race and so we could not leverage the strengths of other races. But win or lose it's all good fun. I know I'll be content playing this game at least until the new Dawn of War 2 is released in 2009.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i agree with the fun of the game and all that but when it comes to multiplayer, I have experienced some problems with lag?? Its not suppose to happen because me and my brother (the person I'm playing with) both have very good PC's and in the Troubleshooting of the game it says that the other person is suppose to catch up. But there is nothing to catch up?
If you could help me with this problem

7:22 AM, June 16, 2008  
Blogger baconandeggs said...

If you guys are playing over the internet, one thing I would check the router. My friend would always cause lag to the rest of us with his wireless router. Once he switched to a different router, the lag was gone.

Also, Relic has a good tech forum that can help you out:
http://forums.relicnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125

11:31 AM, June 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home