Tuesday, April 01, 2008

X-Arcade Tankstick DOA! doh...

I decided to get the X-Arcade Tankstick. Shipped out last Thursday and arrived today. The joystick came double boxed and there were no signs of physical damage. But when I tried it out on my Sega Dreamcast, PS3, as well as my laptop the joystick LED would not light up as it was suppose to. After exhausting the manual and website FAQ, I called up tech support and they suggested I open up the chassis and see if some of the molex connectors for the external cabling to the internal PCB board were loose. I inspected and reseated the molex connectors and still no luck. The tech support guy, Jeremy, was helpful and arranged an advance replacement today and also a prepaid shipping label for the RMA. After this experience, I'm really glad there is a lifetime warranty for these units. Marvel vs Capcom 2 in all it's glory will have to wait until next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home