Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend edition

Kev's visit:
My friend Kev drove down from the bay area and we hung out for a bit since his wife was at a bachelorette party. It was nice to just shoot the breeze about everything from family planning, housing market woes, remodeling to home theater. Kev is one of my home theater shop talk buddies. He's been interested in a used Toshiba XA2. I had him do a blind A/B shootout of Star Wars SD DVD on both the PS3 and XA2. The image that he liked better was on the XA2 (which he didn't know was the XA2 until I told him). But what I found interesting is that he said that had I not performed the blind test, he would have been content with the PS3 upconverted image.

Since we live farther away from most people, I can count the number of visitors on my side with less than two hands. I think Kev is like visitor # 6?

Final Four:
I've been glued to CBS for most of the weekend.

- Memphis vs Texas -> *yawn*
- NC vs Louisville -> *yawn*
- Kansas vs Davidson -> Man, could've made the brackets ugly. In fact I was hoping history would not be made! What a heartbreaker. Davidson had this game. It just seemed that Curry should not have been the one to take the ball in. He took way too much time dribbling when it was obvious he was going to be the one to make the last key 3 pointer. Duh, of course Kansas was going to madly defend Curry and force him to pass to a lesser shooter. Terrific game up to the end.
- UCLA vs Xavier -> So this is what Bruins are like when they dominate! The "Love-fest" continues. I hope we can repeat the same level of play with Memphis -> frustrate them with the slow-grind-it-out style and signature Bruin defense. Shipp's got to get out of his slump!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home