Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Terminator 2: Ultimate HD DVD Edition out March 20!

At least loyal HD DVD fans will get this. It's rumored to be a new transfer (not 100% sure though). I passed on the Blu Ray edition as it seemed like a rushed release in terms of PQ, features and lack of lossless sound (for a classic film like this...?!) . Here is a screenshot comparison of the the already released UK HD DVD version vs the US Blu Ray version. One benefit with HD DVD that I have yet to take advantage is the lack of region coding. Too bad this feature wasn't marketed better. The specs on this release are pretty impressive (7.1 DTS HD ! ) and supposedly has nice interactive features that showcase HDi. I already have two versions of this movie already on SD DVD but that won't stop me from importing this one. I'll post some screen shots when I get this.

Viks and I have been pretty hooked on the Sarah Conner Chronicles. Lena Headey was terrifc in 300. She is starting to grow on me as Sarah Conner although I still think she isn't as tough as Linda Hamilton was. Ditto re: Thomas Dekker vs Edward Furlong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

though i don't think that he is doing a bad job acting, every time i see brian austin green on screen, i have flashbacks to 90210 and i can't take him seriously.

10:11 AM, February 29, 2008  
Blogger baconandeggs said...

I hear you. I keep thinking at any given moment he's going to bust out some hip hop moves or something.

and man, he sure has gained some weight since 90210.

5:14 PM, March 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home