Friday, February 22, 2008

My week off

I was maxed out on my PTO hours so I took the week off this past week. It's been nice to not be on a schedule and just do whatever I want - I've slept in the whole week, been working out during the day, IMing with people while they were working (or supposedly working), playing PC games that have been backlogged due to a lack of time (ie Half Life 2 Ep 1, Ep 2, and of course my usual favorites: DoW DC and Team Fortress 2), and even doing some yard work. I have been bad about reading work related emails throughout the week but have been very good about not replying. It really is tough to break away.

I'm getting close to going cash on several investments - most likely the small caps. I'm not timing here - mostly trying to reduce our exposure and better diversify. I'm no financial market guru but it's not hard to sense that more bad news is coming. I think large caps with good balance sheets & fundamentals will weather the storm better in the near term.

Sigh. I now wish I had taken two weeks off. There's so much more I had wanted to do (as well as not do) at home. This past week has gone by way too quickly and I'm just not ready for it to end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home