Saturday, February 09, 2008

Fast food conglomerates - your advertising dollars at work


Ok, so I've been pretty good with regular exercise with all the great basketball that's been on TV for the past few months. But man, during the commercial breaks all these fast food commercials keep bombarding me with temptation. And believe me, I do try to channel surf during the commercials but it is just about impossible to not view at least one friggin fast food commercial in the span of 2.5 hours. We also get a lot of BOGO coupons in the mail. I guess competition must be pretty fierce (in this area at least).

After working out today, I broke down *shakes fist to the sky!* and went to the Golden Arches and got a mouth watering Quarter Pounder (minus the pickles). No, I didn't pig out. The "old me" can normally polish off two burgers. I am getting better with eating more fruit, vegetables or soup with my meals to make me feel full instead of eating all calorie dense foods to get full. Diet soda helps a lot too.

Oh and guess what my favorite fast food commercial is? It's the "Why didn't you think of that?!!" commercial from Jack-in-the-box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home