Saturday, March 25, 2006

We're CONTENDERS!

Another nailbiter game! I was pleasantly cringe-less during the opening 1st half. I don't know if Memphis just had a really really really bad day, could not adjust to UCLA's tempo or if UCLA's defense was -that- good..a little bit of everything? I think the jury's still out. I must admit that as much as I love the Bruins, I've had doubts about just how far we could advance this year. I thought Sweet 16 would be it. I'm so glad to be wrong. I think most people would agree our defense this year is great but our offense is pretty inconsistent. On the other hand, there seems to be much more media focus on high scoring teams and pooh poohing the Bruins for the lack of shooting. The Bruins just don't get as much recognition for their defense. But maybe contrarian is the key. Credit the Bruins for not being initmidated, making the necessary adjustments in each game and just playing with a lot of heart and never giving up. To my fellow Bruins, have you ever been this excited since 95? Maybe if I continue to be a naysayer, good things will happen next Sat against LSU. Onto the Final Four! UC-LA!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

GO BRUINS!!! :) wooohoo!! remember how it was back when we were in school during the '95 tourney. exciting times! exciting times, my friend :)

2:11 PM, April 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home