Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cry Me a River


I picked up X&Y again after a long hiatus. I may be in the minority here but X&Y is my favorite of the Coldplay CDs and by a wide margin.

A good number of tracks start off pianissimo, build up to a nice crescendo and close in pianissimo. It's that element of "coming full circle" and the sense of closure that I find very satisfying. Overall X&Y is a nice, polished album with earnest lyrics and anthemic melodies. For me this CD gets better and better with each listen.

The last hidden track "Til Kingdom Comes," originally written for the late Johnny Cash, is the perfect closing song for this near perfect album and absolutely brings tears to my eyes. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger neuf said...

it's a great CD! you should check out some of their b-sides as well.

8:45 PM, April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home