Thursday, January 19, 2006

Rest In Peace

A good friend's father recently past away. At the funeral, it was difficult to see the family in such pain. My only hope is that our presence was able to offer some level of comfort. I've always struggled with Christianity even to this day. But it's times like these that one can find comfort in believing that there is God & Heaven. And no, I do not mean having Faith only in times of need or convenience. Tragic events like this always induce some form of philosphical babble/mumblings in my head...I cannot help but remind myself of the following,
  • Life is short...for reals..
  • Make time for the people in your life.
  • Take time to stop and smell the roses.
  • Take calculated risks.
  • Work Life Balance.
  • Purpose: There has to be more to this life than the rat race. Sure I want "nice things" as much as the next person but I know "nice things" will ultimately not lead to self fulfillment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home