Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Rattle & Hum


Interviewer: "What's this film about?"

Larry -> "It's sort of a musical journey really, you know?"
*band laughing*
Bono: "That's good... I was worried."
.
.
*band laughing*
Adam: "...We just wanted to capture this period of the band to.. oh, f**k it, I don't know."

haha. charming. I love this DVD. I don't how I let this one slip through my radar. It happened to be in the Walmart bargain bin. After watching it, I would have gladly paid full retail. From the opening cover of The Beatle's "Helter Skelter" to The Edge's lead vocals on "Van Dieman's Land" to "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" with a church choir in Harlem...What an amazing production of U2's classic tracks. While the video quality is not exactly reference it has a nice "rockumentry" / gritty look. The 5.1 mix, on the other hand, is excellent. There's a poignancy in live performances that studio tracks just don't have...this is a must have DVD for any U2 fan. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home