Friday, July 15, 2005

In the Mood For Love


Viks and I saw "In the Mood for Love" last night. I watched bits & pieces a long time ago but never finished. I think I appreciated this film more on this quasi-2nd time around. While not a perfect film in my book, I think what worked for me was,

-Wong Kar-wai's use of music to really accentuate the film's atmosphere.
-The long camera takes on each of the lead actors which allowed the audience to absorb the subtle expressions of emotion on their faces, thus revealing a whole lot while seemingly imparting very little.
-how understated the film was..sexy without being overtly sexual, eloquent without being contrived, and dream-like without ever leaving the realm of possibility.
-the sexual tension between the two characters and their portrayal of lonliness, longing, and restraint ...subtle but superb performances by both leads.Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Lu said...

YOU! what's your AIM?

1:50 PM, July 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home