Saturday, June 18, 2005

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

I've known about the WinXP SP2 upgrade woes that people have reported for a while but I got annoyed at Windows auto update reminding me everyday to upgrade and so I finally gave in and upgraded. After the upgrade, I had to do the required reboot but somehow I believe the boot sector got corrupted and Windows would not start anymore. All attempts in safemode to remove SP2 proved fruitless. Long story short, I spent a 1.5 days reformatting and reinstalling Win XP Pro. Since it was a clean install, I gave SP2 another chance. Luckily the 2nd chance SP2 upgrade worked without a hitch. Oh well, the bright side is that I had backed up 98% of my data before and my PC is now a little less sluggish. Sigh..I can never leave well enough alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home