Monday, July 18, 2005

Fiscal Year '05 Performance Review

People who know me well know that I am not into self adulation. But I just wanted to share a piece of good news. I recently met with my direct manager and I was very pleasantly surprised by my '05 review and rating. It's ironic to me because I personally don't think I worked as hard this year as I did in previous years and yet I received the highest rating in my career so far -> ???!!! But it couldn't have come at a better time as I am continually trying to show positive results and yield more productivity even though I am working remote. By the Darwinian nature of our rating system the flip side of all this is that I am under more pressure to work even harder, yield even more postive results, and blah blah blah in order for me to retain my rating & ranking. I think being happily married has definitely skewed my perspectives on work-life balance. To put succinctly -> more life and less work. I am a firm believer in not working your whole life away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Selina said...

I still need to master that concept.

9:09 AM, July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home