Thursday, March 31, 2005

AVB and G&D at Mighty, San Francisco (4 of 4)



I love electronic dance music, especially progressive trance. The rich, layered melodies deeply affect me much like classical music but in a different way. Thanks to DJs like Tiesto, AVB, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Above & Beyond, G&D and many more, trance has matured to a much more confident genre with much less of the cheesy drivel that has dogged it in the past.

Diana called me before noon on Wed quite excited and telling me that I would not believe who was here tonight along with a hint that is was someone I just saw two weeks ago! In those 10 seconds, I was thinking to myself, "ugh...with recent events, my brain is goo..I have no idea! dunno dunno ..maybe I've been overly anti-social cause I don't remember seeing too many people recently! ugh don't make me think..I give up, just tell me dammit! "

I don't know how I missed this on my radar ( not on his tour listings) but it turned out AVB -and- G&D were spinning together at Mighty in SF! Paranoid & thinking it was an April fools gag, I called up Mighty just to make sure I was not giving my hopes up but sure enough it was true!

Yes, it was a "school night" but like I really cared at that point. I drove up with Viks and Diana at 7PM sharp and got there at 8PM for fear there would be a line. At first we got a bit lost cause the Mighty is pretty nondescript. It was a calm, beautiful night in the city so we walked around SBC Park and the surrounding area with the always impressive view of the bay bridge.

We met up with Sabrina and Alice at 9 and we were there early enough that we got to chat with Armin and Josh Gabriel. I was a little shy/nervous but finally got the nerve to compliment Armin on his set in LA as well as last week's A State of Trance episode 189 and gave nods to Josh Gabriel for his fantastic work with Dave Dresden. Diana even bought Armin a drink & exchanged a few pleasantries ;-) Later Ted & Serena who are some old friends from college met up with us.
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger melsybo said...

holy *&^#!!! you got to see BOTH?!!! and meet them in person!!!??? i'm sooooo jealous. and i'm so jealous you got to see them with so many friends! i miss all the bay area peeps. :(

10:49 AM, April 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home