Sunday, September 10, 2006

Returned the Sharp XV-Z2000

After much attempted tweaking and re-tweaking, I just couldn't get the Sharp dialed into a satisfying image. While the picture is certainly good, it's not great in my eyes. I really wanted to like the picture and for a little while I thought I could. However, the relatively soft picture, weakness in color (faces either have a "red push" or are pale when you adjust the color or reds), and the image noise compared to my old Toshiba MT700 were the deal breakers. I have found a really good deal on the highly acclaimed Mitsubishi HC3000 (probably due to the rumored HC3100 with DC3 on the way). I initially did not want the Mits due to the higher cost and 32% offset but both are non issues now. Based on throw distance I may not be able to use the 106" screen anymore (and we just started to really appreciate the size!) .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home