Monday, October 03, 2005


I received my MT700 back from Toshiba/Tops last Friday.. I actually received it back on Tuesday. The original HDMI connection issue was resolved but I then noticed strange color issues. Scenes with white have a weird yellowish blotches. For example in the opening of Star Wars, Princess Leia's white dress and Luke's clothing had yellowish blotches as did the white walls of the Rebel ship. Desert scenes with sand were also discolored with similar yellowish blotches. Greys on the Deathstar had blotches of blue. From what I've read it could be the color wheel delay settings but you can only change these in the hidden Service Menu. Not wanting to do further damage, I sent it back again. But kudos to Tops as I experienced a fast turnaround time once again (sent Wed, fixed Thur, received back on Fri). Suffering from withdrawl I watched a movie on Fri, Sat and Sun night. Ok, it was partial withdrawl as I really wanted to make sure things were OK now and they seem to be. Although I wish all the issues were fixed the first time I sent it back I have been very impressed with Toshiba and Tops for the courteous service and extremely fast turnaround time. Should any future issues arise, I really hope to receive this same level service again as it really helped to alleviate the recent frustrations. A shot of "the Plastics" from Mean Girls above.

Edit: I called Tops today and the lady I spoke to indicated that the main board was swapped out so good thing I returned vs messing around with the Service Menu.Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home