Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Crickets

When we first moved in, we had an ant problem. There were some holes & cracks where they would come in. Quik Seal, ant bait and bit of vacuuming didn't work out too well as they would keep coming. After a bit of Raid and after our backyard sprinklers were installed, the ant problem was abated. It was summer and pretty dry so I think the ants were just looking for water.

But lately you'll find one or two crickets in our kitchen. For the life of me, I can't figure out where they are coming from as the holes & cracks are now plugged up or are too small. We are also pretty good about closing the garage and front door. Perhaps it could be the vents? But it's not like I'm going to sit in the kitchen all day and stare at the vents just to be sure. Depending on my disposition, I trap them with a plastic CD spindle case and I'll either set them free outside or flush them down the toilet. But when I perform the latter I end up feeling worse. It is all very annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home