Thursday, August 11, 2005

Battlefield 2


I love this game. I love the polished gameplay, the fast pacing, the survival tactics, the option to play in squads, the ability to pilot (or be a gunner of) tanks, humvees, choppers, planes, boats and the overall balance. While these concepts have been attempted/explored in other PC games, the execution has never been up to this caliber. The visuals are quite impressive that my 9800 Pro video card is just barely cutting it. I hope Santa Clause brings me this. It was not all roses in the beginning however. When I first installed the game my PC repeatedly and consistently froze. I had essentially paid $40 to EA to be a beta tester. Thanks EA! I have since patched the game to ver 1.02 and thankfully the game crashes much less frequently.

I have sometimes wondered what it is about first person shooter type games that appeals to me. I'm not an action junkie in real life. In fact I am actually quite timid of firearms. But then a lot of people enjoy "action" movies for similar reasons. All the thrills without the actual danger. Without getting too Freudian here, I can at least say it takes my mind off of work and is just plain damn fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home