Sunday, July 31, 2005

People interactions

My friend Diana made an observation today that reminded me of something I've been thinking about on and off for some time. Hence I am reposting my comment on here:

" I think it’s true that many ppl behave differently depending on the setting and the frequency of interaction. e.g. in a large group setting -> person is more likely to be more lighthearted / casual VS smaller group of friends or 1 on 1 where person has more potential to be more personal… but then it isn’t always so cut ‘n dry as another variable could be personality.. while it’s true that some or a lot of ppl behave differently in person vs email/blog..there are those who could behave the same. I think I could fall in this latter category due to the fact that
1) I don’t always articulate my thoughts in person/email/blog and
2) I do not wear my heart on my sleeve
..I also think the more time you spend with a person the distinctions can become blurred. "

As an addendum to my comment, I wanted to reiterate my belief in that the more time you spend with a person the distinctions of how you percieve another person can (but not always) become blurred. Some barriers to this include frequency of interaction, timing, and first impressions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home