Thursday, May 12, 2005

Settling in

We drove back to So cal right after to move in my stuff, unpack, and just plain settle in. With the house in disarray, it was like pebbles in our shoes. Many people have asked when/where the honeymoon is gonna be and our weasel our way out response has been "not sure.." or "maybe sometime in June." But as of today we still don't have a location in mind. It's by no means a crisis or anything. Our stance has been to not go on a honeymoon somewhere just for the sake of going. I know many people feel a honeymoon should occur immediately following but I feel Viks and I have always been utilitarian.

I haven't been on IM too much with all the unpacking & cleaning.. being in So Cal has resulted in being away from many good friends in Nor Cal. For the near term I am flying up on alternate weeks to come into the office but there is chance that as time progresses I may only come up on an as needed basis. Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic to be married but I guess time will tell how I will feel about being away from people for long periods of time. I know it is not uncommon for married folks or even non-married couples to be "anti-social" but I certainly hope to not fall into that category. However, should I fall into that category, I would hope that my friends will care enough to tell me upfront and very bluntly if required how he/she feels about the situation. I think many of my friends are pretty private about things..myself included..but it's nice that many more are blogging..definitely makes it a lot easier to share events in your life even if they are not your innermost thoughts. There is no substitute for conversation.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home