Monday, November 20, 2006

"Shaken or stirred?"

"Does it look like I give a damn? "
Believe the hype. I must admit I had my reservations about Daniel Craig playing the new 00. However, I was pleasantly surprised by his performance. Given Craig's menacing demeanor and piercing eyes, I felt that his casting was a perfect fit for the gritty and edgy tone of the movie. Craig, in my mind, is the most "human" Bond in the series. I've always liked Eva Green since Kingdom of Heaven; she just radiates with style and sophistication. And scene-for-scene she held her own against Daniel Craig. Given that this movie was more of an exposition into "the man behind the martini," it's hard to imagine any other two actors who could have been more successful in showing how Bond became the distrusting man we know of today. I'll even go as far to say that had there been a Q or an emphasis in the gadgets, it probably would have been more of a detractor rather than a value add to the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home