Friday, September 22, 2006

Mitsubishi HC3000 DVD and HD screenshots


Grey's Anatomy (Time Warner Cable HD)

Standoff (Time Warner Cable HD)

Nascar (Time Warner Cable HD)



USC vs NEB (Time Warner Cable HD .. no, I'm not a USC fan)


I Robot (SD DVD upconverted to 720p)


LOTR: ROTK (SD DVD upconverted to 720p)


Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (SD DVD upconverted to 720p)

Gladiator (SD DVD upconverted to 720p)


The wrinkles / waves on the 106" made me put back up the 92". When I made the purchase, the wrinkles / waves was really a big oversight on my part . I know now that for a screen larger than 92", a tensioned screen is a must. This weekend I adjusted the rear shelf height to meet the ~ 32% offset of the Mitsubishi HC3000. Tonight I spackled and used touch up paint to cover up the old drilled holes on my rear wall. I also did a quick calibration of the Mitsubishi this evening using Avia. I know the results are not perfect but I am content with the results so far. Compared to the Sharp, the picture is much sharper, contrast is better, colors are richer / more saturated, and there is less picture noise. The Mits also runs quieter than the Sharp which is a huge plus for me. I will be the first to say that my pictures are not the best since I do not have a tripod (yes yes, some pictures are crooked) and was trying my best to have a steady hand!

Watching more and more epic films that are in 2.35:1 scope like LOTR, Star Wars, Gladiator, etc. has made me better understand the virtues of a 2.35 Constant Height Setup. Doh... mu....st....re....sist...upg...rade..bug. I am pretty sure Viks would kill me if I spent that kind of money right now. I am already lucky to get the WAF for this setup as it is..better not press my luck ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home