Saturday, March 05, 2005

Erasure's latest album - "Nightbird"


I grew up listening to a lot 80s synth pop from bands like New Order, OMD, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys and of course who can forget Erasure! I honestly was disappointed with Erasure's last two albums "Other People's Songs" and "Loveboat." While not as soulful and beautifully heart-wrenching as "Erasure" and "Wild," "Nightbird" is a great album with more a slightly more "Cowboy" albeit somber sound.

My all-time favorite Erasure albums in order,
1) Wild , Erasure (yes, both had less commercial appeal than "Oh L'Amour" or "Chains of Love"
but these albums were a result of a desire to create lasting, musically compelling, artistic statements)
3) Chorus, I Say I Say I Say, Cowboy (three way tie!)Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home